Margarita Fajitas with Sub-Lime Salsa
15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
8 ounce can pineapple tidbits (juice pack), drained
fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
can chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, drained and finely chopped
teaspoons lime juice
large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 lb. total)
cup lime juice
tablespoon cooking oil
teaspoon ground black pepper
6 inches flour tortillas
- For salsa, in a medium bowl, stir together the beans, pineapple, onion, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, chipotle pepper, the 4 teaspoons lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and chill in the refrigerator while chicken marinates.
- Place the chicken in a self-sealing bag set in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, stir together the tequila, 1/4 cup lime juice, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and ground black pepper. Pour over chicken in bag. Seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in heavy foil; set aside.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink and an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 170 degree F. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, place foil-wrapped tortillas next to chicken on the grill rack until heated through, turning once. Remove chicken to a cutting board.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Divide chicken among tortillas and top with salsa. Roll up. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Margarita Fajitas with Sub-Lime Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 489 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 82 mg chol.,
- 835 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 46 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet