- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Bake: 4 mins to 5 mins 350°F
Mango Chicken Salad with Coconut
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
cup unsweetened coconut milk
tablespoon soy sauce
teaspoon crushed red pepper
cup flaked unsweetened coconut
mangoes, seeded, peeled and chopped
Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut chicken into bite-size chunks. Squeeze juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons juice); cut remaining lime into wedges.
- In a large saucepan combine coconut milk, the lime juice, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Add chicken and bring to boiling; reduce heat and cook, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spread flaked coconut in a shallow pan. Bake, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
- Transfer chicken and cooking liquid to a bowl. Add mangoes; toss to coat. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Spoon onto lettuce leaves to serve. Pass lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Mango Chicken Salad with Coconut)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 62 mg chol.,
- 381 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesAsian Recipes, Boneless Chicken, Boneless Chicken Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Chicken Salad Recipes, Chicken Salad Recipes, Coconut Cakes, Coconut Pies, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Salad Recipes