- Yields: 4 (1 1/2-cup) servings + reserves
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 4 hrs to 5 hrs (low) or 2-2.5 hours (high)
Kickin' Chicken Chili
pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
teaspoons ground cumin
tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
16 ounce jar green salsa
16 ounce package frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (yellow, green, and red sweet peppers, and onion)
15 ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic
Dairy sour cream (optional)
Shredded cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with cumin and salt to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off fat. Place chicken in a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in salsa, stir-fry vegetables, beans, and undrained tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Reserve 3 cups of the chili; store as directed below. Serve remaining chili. If desired, top with sour cream and cheese. Makes 4 (1-1/2-cup) servings and reserves.
From the Test Kitchen
To store reserves:
Place chili in an airtight container. Seal and chill for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Kickin' Chicken Chili)
- Per serving:
- 305 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 914 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 41 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBoneless Chicken, Boneless Chicken Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Chicken Thigh Recipes, Chili Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Slow Cooker Soup and Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes