- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Yields: 4 servings + reserves
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 4 hrs to 5 hrs (low) or 2 to 2 1/2 hours (high)
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with cumin and salt to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off fat. Place chicken in a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in salsa, stir-fry vegetables, beans, and undrained tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Reserve 3 cups of the chili; store* as directed below. Use for Kickin' Chicken Taco Salad (see recipe below). Serve remaining chili. If desired, top with sour cream and cheese. Makes 4 (1 1/2-cup) servings + reserves.
Place chili in an airtight container. Seal and chill for up to 3 days.
In a medium sauce pan, heat reserved chili over medium-low heat until hot. In a very large bowl, combine 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce; 1 large avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped; 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved, if desired; and 1/2 cup chopped red onion. Add heated chili; toss to combine. Divide among 4 large salad bowls. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed lime-flavor or plain tortilla chips. If desired, spoon Cilantro Sour Cream evenly onto salads. Makes 4 servings.
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup dairy sour cream and 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts per serving of Kickin' Chicken Taco Salad: 283 cal., 10 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 44 mg chol., 537 mg sodium, 27 g carb., 7 g dietary fiber, 23 g protein.
- Per serving:
- 305 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 914 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 41 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet