Kenny's Wings of Fire
- Combine the first 8 spices until they are evenly distributed. Sprinkle the wings generously on all sides with the dry rub. Let the wings rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Build a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill.
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients (the last 8 ingredients).
- Place wings on the cooking grate over direct medium-low heat. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on each side. Kenny says, the wings are done when they bounce after being dropped from 6 inches above the grill, or when the skin is brown and crisp and the meat has pulled away from the bone.
- When thoroughly cooked, remove the wings and place them in a disposable aluminum pan. Pour the sauce into the pan of wings and stir thoroughly. Then cover the pan with foil and switch to indirect heat. Put the pan back on the grill for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch the wings vigilantly, because the sauce will burn easily. Remove the pan from the heat and remove the foil. Stir, and then serve hot.
Make the rub:
Meanwhile, make the sauce:
From the Test Kitchen
Every dried chile pepper or pepper hot sauce affects a different part of your tongue and throat. Decide what level of tickle is best for you and dial back the heat accordingly. This is Kenny's favorite forehead glistening combination.