Jamaican Chicken Salad
- For dressing, stir together honey-mustard dressing and lime peel. If necessary, add water to make of drizzling consistency. Cover and chill dressing until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle chicken with the Jamaican jerk seasoning. In a 10-inch skillet cook the seasoned chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat about 6 minutes per side or until golden brown and no longer pink. Thinly bias slice each chicken breast.
- If using fresh mangoes, pit, peel, and slice. Divide greens among 4 dinner plates. Arrange warm chicken and mango atop; drizzle with dressing. If desired, top with strips of lime peel.
- Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Pass warm whole wheat rolls with a crock of herb butter. To make your own herb butter, start with 1/4 cup softened margarine or butter and stir in 3/4 teaspoon dried herb (such as oregano, basil, dill, or tarragon), crushed, and a dash pepper. If chilled, soften herb butter at room temperature before serving.
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Combine 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Store in a covered container.
Nutrition Facts (Jamaican Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 278 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 66 mg chol.,
- 525 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet