- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup bottled fat-free honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 - 3 teaspoons purchased or homemade Jamaican jerk seasoning*
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 16 chilled bottled mango slices in light syrup, drained, or 2 large fresh mangoes
- 12 cups torn mixed greens, such as the European blend (16 ounces)
- Strips of lime peel (optional)
1. For dressing, stir together honey-mustard dressing and lime peel. If necessary, add water to make of drizzling consistency. Cover and chill dressing until ready to serve.
2. Sprinkle chicken with the Jamaican jerk seasoning. In a 10-inch skillet cook the seasoned chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat about 6 minutes per side or until golden brown and no longer pink. Thinly bias slice each chicken breast.
3. If using fresh mangoes, pit, peel, and slice. Divide greens among 4 dinner plates. Arrange warm chicken and mango atop; drizzle with dressing. If desired, top with strips of lime peel.
4. Makes 4 servings.
- Pass warm whole wheat rolls with a crock of herb butter. To make your own herb butter, start with 1/4 cup softened margarine or butter and stir in 3/4 teaspoon dried herb (such as oregano, basil, dill, or tarragon), crushed, and a dash pepper. If chilled, soften herb butter at room temperature before serving.
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Store in a covered container.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 278,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- chol. (mg) 66,
- carb. (g) 36,
- fiber (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 29,
- sodium (mg) 525,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet