Jalapeno Chicken Breasts
bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
tablespoon chili powder
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
tablespoons lemon juice
cup sliced pickled jalapeno chile pepper, drained
tablespoon cold water
8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened and cut into cubes
slices regular bacon or turkey bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder and salt. Arrange chicken, bone sides down, in a 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top with drained jalapeno pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer chicken and jalapeno pepper to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover chicken and keep warm.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the water; stir into cooking liquid. Add cream cheese, whisking until combined. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until thickened. Serve chicken with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts(Jalapeno Chicken Breasts)
- Per serving:
- 329 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 143 mg chol.,
- 489 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 49 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet