Indian Curry Chicken
medium white potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled
medium green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
medium onion, sliced
pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
cups chopped tomatoes (3 medium)
tablespoon ground coriander
teaspoon ground turmeric
teaspoon crushed red pepper
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground cloves
cup chicken broth
tablespoons cold water
- In a 3-1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker combine potatoes, sweet pepper, and onion. Add chicken.
- In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, coriander, paprika, ginger, salt, turmeric, crushed red pepper, cinnamon, and cloves; stir in broth. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl combine the water and cornstarch; stir into mixture in cooker. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes more or until slightly thickened and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts(Indian Curry Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 246 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- 53 mg chol.,
- 609 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet