Herbed Chicken and Orzo
ounces dried orzo
cups 1-inch pieces fresh green beans (6 oz.)
whole roasted deli chicken
5.2 ounce container semisoft cheese with garlic and herbs
cups shredded carrots
tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart oval casserole; set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions, adding green beans during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain. Meanwhile, cut chicken in 6 pieces; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together cheese and milk until combined. Add hot orzo mixture; stir until coated. Stir in shredded carrots. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Top with chicken pieces.
- Bake, covered, 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serves 6.
Nutrition Facts(Herbed Chicken and Orzo)
- Per serving:
- 566 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 147 mg chol.,
- 685 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet