Glazed-Chicken Spinach Salad
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 14 lb. total)
Nonstick cooking spray
medium apples, cored and sliced
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons apple juice, apple cider, or chicken broth
10 ounce bag prewashed spinach, stems removed (about 10 cups)
Ground black pepper
- Measure 1/4 cup of the Ginger-Apple Glaze. Place chicken on the grill rack directly over medium heat; grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling and brushing often with the 1/4 cup Ginger-Apple Glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat an unheated large saucepan or Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add apple, leek, and garlic; cook for 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the Apple Glaze and the apple juice; bring to boiling. Add spinach; toss just until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice each chicken breast crosswise into 6 to 8 pieces. On 4 dinner plates, arrange spinach mixture; top with sliced chicken.
cup apple jelly
tablespoons soy sauce
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- In a small saucepan, combine apple jelly; soy sauce, thyme; lemon peel; and ginger. Heat and stir just until jelly is melted. Makes 2/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts(Glazed-Chicken Spinach Salad)
- Per serving:
- 335 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 82 mg chol.,
- 673 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet