Cider, apples, and apple jelly in the glaze triple the apple action in this quick and easy chicken recipe.
- Measure 1/4 cup of the Ginger-Apple Glaze. Place chicken on the grill rack directly over medium heat; grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling and brushing often with the 1/4 cup Ginger-Apple Glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat an unheated large saucepan or Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add apple, leek, and garlic; cook for 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the Apple Glaze and the apple juice; bring to boiling. Add spinach; toss just until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice each chicken breast crosswise into 6 to 8 pieces. On 4 dinner plates, arrange spinach mixture; top with sliced chicken. Makes 4 servings.
- In a small saucepan, combine apple jelly, soy sauce, thyme, lemon peel, and ginger. Heat and stir just until jelly is melted. Makes 2/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger-Apple-Glazed Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 345 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 82 mg chol.,
- 728 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 31 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet