German Style Chicken Thighs
27 ounce can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
10 3/4 ounce cans condensed cream of potato soup
tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
teaspoon ground black pepper
bone-in chicken thighs, skinned (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
Hot cooked spaetzle or wide noodles
Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine sauerkraut, potato soup, water, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, stirring to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Using two forks, shred chicken; return shredded chicken to cooker.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked spaetzle. If desired, sprinkle each serving with parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(German Style Chicken Thighs)
- Per serving:
- 399 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 156 mg chol.,
- 1834 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet