Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Noodles
ounces extra-wide egg noodles
2 pound purchased roasted chicken
cup frozen peas
cloves garlic, minced, or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
cups whole milk or light cream
tablespoons dry bread crumbs
tablespoons butter, melted
Snipped fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a Dutch oven bring 6 cups salted water to boiling; add noodles. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones. Discard skin and bones; shred chicken. In a saucepan combine chicken, peas, garlic, and whole milk; heat through. Cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and melted butter.
- Stir noodles and remaining Parmesan cheese into hot chicken mixture. Heat and stir until bubbly. Divide among four individual casserole dishes. Top each with some of the bread crumb mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until top begins to brown. If desired, top with fresh thyme.
Nutrition Facts(Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Noodles)
- Per serving:
- 701 kcal cal.,
- 37 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 222 mg chol.,
- 1388 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 50 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet