Garlic and Mint Chicken Breasts
Serve these zesty, mint-marinated grilled chicken breasts with hot cooked couscous or your favorite rice pilaf. The reduced-sodium soy sauce in the marinade helps flavor the chicken without adding salt.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Marinate: 4 hrs to 24 hrs
- Grill: 12 mins
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- In a blender, combine the 1/2 cup mint leaves, the lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, garlic, chili powder, and pepper. Cover and blend until smooth; pour over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink (170 degree F), turning once. If desired, serve over hot cooked couscous. If desired, serve with grilled green onions and garnish with additional mint leaves. Makes 4 servings.
To grill green onions, place them on the edge of the grill with the chicken for the last 2 minutes of the grilling time.
- Per serving:
- 202 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 82 mg chol.,
- 229 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet