- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 nectarine, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces, or 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous or rice
1. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl stir together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, curry powder, allspice, and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken. Close the bag. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 4 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving the marinade.
2. In a saucepan cook the onion in a small amount of boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Thread the chicken, nectarine or papaya pieces, and partially cooked onion alternately onto eight 6-inch metal skewers.
3. Grill the kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals about 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning skewers occasionally. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute. Pour marinade through a strainer, reserving liquid.
4. Before serving, brush kabobs with the strained marinade. Serve kabobs with hot cooked couscous or rice. Pass any remaining marinade. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 374,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 59,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 54,
- fiber (g) 9,
- pro. (g) 30,
- vit. A (IU) 340,
- vit. C (mg) 22,
- sodium (mg) 462,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Fruit () 1,
- Starch () 2,
- Lean Meat () 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet