French Chicken Stew
Layer this chicken and vegetable stew recipe in your slow cooker and let the delectable aroma greet you when you arrive home to a ready-made meal.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Slow Cook: 6 hrs to 7 hrs (low) or 3 to 4 hours (high)
French Chicken Stew
cups sliced button and/or stemmed shiitake mushrooms
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
medium carrots, thinly diagonally sliced
medium onion, chopped
medium red potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
cup pitted ripe olives, halved
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup dry white wine or chicken broth
tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
teaspoon herbes de Provence or dried Italian seasoning, crushed
teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
skinless, boneless chicken thighs (1-3/4 to 2 pounds total)
teaspoon seasoned salt
14 ounce jar tomato pasta sauce or one 16-ounce jar Alfredo pasta sauce
French bread (optional)
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker combine mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, onion, potato, green beans, olives, broth, wine, tapioca, herbs de Provence, thyme, and pepper. Place chicken on top; sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in pasta sauce. If desired, serve with French bread.
Nutrition Facts (French Chicken Stew)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 83 mg chol.,
- 629 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBoneless Chicken, Boneless Chicken Recipes, Bread Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Chicken Thigh Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, French Chicken Recipes, French Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Salad Dressing Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Soup Recipes, Stew and Chowder Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes