- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 14 - 16 ounce jar cheddar cheese pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, halved crosswise and thinly sliced
- 6 pumpernickel or rye buns, split and toasted, or 6 slices pumpernickel or rye bread, toasted and halved diagonally
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled (optional)
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- Kosher dill pickles (optional)
1. Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices; set aside. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, stir together pasta sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Add onion and chicken slices.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
3. To serve, spoon chicken and sauce mixture over bun halves. If desired, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and tomato. Serve with dill pickles, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 340,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- chol. (mg) 102,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 21,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 36,
- sodium (mg) 823,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet