Easy Chicken Jambalaya
ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
teaspoons Cajun seasoning
ounces fully cooked spicy or mild link sausage, sliced
yellow, green, and/or orange sweet peppers, cut into bite-size strips
14 1/2 ounce cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
Coarsely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; place in a small bowl and toss with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sausage to skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken begins to brown.
- Add onion and sweet peppers to chicken mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Break up tomatoes with a spoon, if necessary.
- Ladle jambalaya into shallow soup/salad bowls and, if desired, top with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts(Easy Chicken Jambalaya)
- Per serving:
- 355 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 81 mg chol.,
- 637 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet