Dilled Chicken-Orzo Casserole
ounces dried orzo pasta
2 pound purchased roasted chicken
14 ounce can chicken broth
tablespoons capers, drained
tablespoons snipped fresh dill
tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups baby pattypan squash, halved, or 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced (1-1/4 cups)
medium red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones, discarding skin and bones. Using two forks, coarsely shred chicken.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in capers, the 2 tablespoons dill, mustard, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, shredded chicken, dill mixture, squash, sweet pepper, and onion. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake, covered, about 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with pine nuts and garnish with additional fresh dill. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Dilled Chicken-Orzo Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 598 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 178 mg chol.,
- 1724 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 42 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet