- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 350°F
- Stand: 10 mins
Criss-Cross Pizza Casserole
tablespoon olive oil
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
yellow, red, and/or green sweet peppers,cut into thin strips
medium zucchini (8 ounces), halved lengthwise and sliced
cloves garlic, minced
14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
cooked chicken sausages (about 12 ounces total), halved lengthwise and sliced
teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
teaspoon ground black pepper
13.8 ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
Snipped fresh rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sweet peppers; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic; cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, sausages, half of the Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper to mixture in skillet. Bring to boiling; boil gently, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a knife or pastry wheel, cut pizza dough into strips.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese. Spoon tomato mixture into prepared dish. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Arrange pizza dough strips atop casserole in a lattice pattern. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning. Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with snipped fresh rosemary.
Nutrition Facts (Criss-Cross Pizza Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 323 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 54 mg chol.,
- 806 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet