Crispy Chopped Chicken Salad
thin slices prosciutto (about 4 oz.)
cup extra virgin olive oil
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
shallot, finely chopped
small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
medium zucchini, chopped
medium red sweet pepper, chopped
medium yellow sweet pepper, chopped
ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place prosciutto in single layer on large baking sheet. Bake until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika; add to skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. Cool slightly; slice.
- For Lemon Dressing, finely shred peel from one lemon; squeeze lemons to make 1/3 cup juice. In small bowl whisk together remaining olive oil, lemon juice, shredded peel, and shallot. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In large bowl combine carrots, zucchini, sweet peppers, onion, and chicken. Toss with dressing. Add blue cheese.
- Line salad bowls with romaine. Spoon in chicken mixture. Top with prosciutto. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Crispy Chopped Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 425 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 16 g monounsatured fat),
- 86 mg chol.,
- 965 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet