- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs to 9 hrs (low) or 4 to 4-1/2 hours (high)
Creamy Chicken and Noodles
cups sliced carrots
cups chopped onion
cup sliced celery
tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
medium chicken legs (drumstick-thigh portion) (about 2 pounds total), skinned
10 3/4 ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
ounces dried wide noodles (about 5 cups)
cup frozen peas
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker place carrots, onion, celery, parsley, and bay leaf. Place chicken on top of vegetables. In a bowl stir together soup, water, thyme, and pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. Remove chicken from cooker; cool slightly. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir peas into soup mixture in cooker. Remove chicken from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces; stir into cooker. To serve, pour chicken mixture over noodles; toss gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Chicken and Noodles)
- Per serving:
- 406 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 122 mg chol.,
- 532 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet