- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Bake: 37 mins 350°F
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2-1/2 pounds total)
cup all-purpose flour
cup chicken broth
cup dry white wine
cup chopped fresh mushrooms
cup chopped onion
6 ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
cup coarsely crushed saltine crackers (10 crackers)
tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
Dash ground black pepper
cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt the 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk, broth, and wine. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Set aside.
- For filling, in a medium skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook until tender. Stir in crabmeat, crackers, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Place about 1/4 cup of the filling on each piece of chicken. Fold in sides; roll up. Secure with wooden toothpicks, if necessary. In a large skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Cook chicken rolls, half at a time, in hot butter until brown on all sides.
- Arrange chicken rolls, seam sides down, in an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with the remaining sauce. Bake, covered, about 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, about 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Remove toothpicks, if using.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Whisk mixture in baking dish; pass with chicken.
Nutrition Facts (Crab-Stuffed Chicken)
- 367 kcal cal.;
- 16 g Fat, total;
- 140 mg chol.;
- 9 g sat. fat;
- 9 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 43 g pro.;
- 542 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet