- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2-1/2 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 6 ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed saltine crackers (10 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
2. For sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt the 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk, broth, and wine. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Set aside.
3. For filling, in a medium skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook until tender. Stir in crabmeat, crackers, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Place about 1/4 cup of the filling on each piece of chicken. Fold in sides; roll up. Secure with wooden toothpicks, if necessary. In a large skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Cook chicken rolls, half at a time, in hot butter until brown on all sides.
4. Arrange chicken rolls, seam sides down, in an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with the remaining sauce. Bake, covered, about 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, about 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Remove toothpicks, if using.
5. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Whisk mixture in baking dish; pass with chicken.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 367,
- Fat, total (g) 16,
- chol. (mg) 140,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 9,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 43,
- sodium (mg) 542,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet