Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwich
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings in the skillet; discard the remaining drippings.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Working from the center to the edges, pound the chicken lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cook chicken in reserved bacon drippings over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is tender and no pink remains, turning once. Brush chicken with honey; top with cheese.
- To serve, spread roll or bun halves with the mustard. Add the chicken with cheese, bacon, and, if desired, tomato, avocado, and lettuce leaves. Top with roll or bun tops. If desired, garnish with chive flowers. Makes 2 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Simple side dishes, such as potato or corn chips and strawberries or grapes, keep this meal quick to fix.
Nutrition Facts (Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwich)
- Per serving:
- 652 kcal cal.,
- 35 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 135 mg chol.,
- 1028 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 45 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet