Chili Chicken and Pasta
ounces dried Angel hair pasta
fresh ears of sweet corn
cup olive or cooking oil
small skinless boneless chicken breast halves
teaspoons chili powder
medium tomatoes, sliced
tablespoons lime or lemon juice
Lime halves and Snipped Fresh Parsley (optional)
- Cook pasta and corn in lightly salted boiling water according to pasta package directions. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon chili powder, the salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in 1 tablespoon hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
- In a screw top jar combine remaining oil, chili powder and the lime juice; shake to combine. Cut corn from cob.
- Divide chicken, corn, tomatoes and pasta on four dinner plates. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Serve with lime and parsley. Serves 4.
Nutrition Facts(Chili Chicken and Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 515 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 226 mg sodium,
- 58 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet