Chicken with Sourdough-Mushroom Stuffing
- Line a 5-1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with a disposable cooker liner. Lightly coat liner with cooking spray; set aside. Reserve 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel. In a small bowl combine remaining lemon peel, sage, seasoned salt and pepper. Remove 3/4 of the mixture and rub onto chicken legs. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet; add mushrooms and garlic. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Stir in remaining sage mixture. Transfer mushroom mixture to a large bowl. Add bread cubes, and shredded carrot. Drizzle with chicken broth, tossing gently.
- Lightly pack stuffing on top of chicken. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer stuffing and chicken to a platter.
- In a bowl combine reserved lemon peel, walnuts, and parsley; sprinkle over chicken. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken with Sourdough-Mushroom Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 412 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 146 mg chol.,
- 1450 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 39 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet