ounces dried spaghetti
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
cup cold water
12 ounce can (1-1/2 cups) evaporated low-fat milk
teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
teaspoon black pepper
cup chopped cooked chicken or turkey (5 ounces)
tablespoons dry sherry or milk
Nonstick cooking spray
tablespoon sliced almonds
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, except omit the cooking oil and lightly salt the water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large covered saucepan cook the mushrooms and sweet pepper in a small amount of boiling water about 3 minutes or until the vegetables until tender. Drain well; return to saucepan.
- In a screw-top jar combine 1/2 cup cold water and flour; cover and shake well. Stir into the vegetable mixture in saucepan. Stir in the evaporated milk, bouillon granules, black pepper, and salt. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cooked spaghetti, chicken, Parmesan cheese, and dry sherry.
- Lightly coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon spaghetti mixture into dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through and nuts are lightly toasted. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken Tetrazzini)
- Per serving:
- 394 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 44 mg chol.,
- 492 mg sodium,
- 50 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet