Moist chicken, earthy mushrooms, and sour cream combine in the slow cooker to create this classic comfort food.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs on low or 3 hours on high
pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and/or thighs
cup chopped onion
10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
ounces dried wide egg noodles
8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine the chicken pieces and onion. In a medium bowl stir together the soup and water. Pour over chicken and onion.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Just before serving, stir sour cream into mixture in cooker. To serve, spoon stroganoff mixture over hot cooked noodles. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Stroganoff)
- Per serving:
- 532 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 162 mg chol.,
- 775 mg sodium,
- 54 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 46 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet