- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour salad dressing over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding dressing. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in bread crumbs to coat. On five to six long metal skewers, thread chicken, accordion-style, leaving 1/4-inch space between each piece.
- For a charcoal grill, grill skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook mushrooms and garlic in hot butter over medium heat about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender, stirring occasionally. Add prosciutto; cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
From the Test Kitchen
Arrange skewers in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 Degrees F).
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Spiedini)
- Per serving:
- 471 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 113 mg chol.,
- 1820 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 4 g sugar,
- 46 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet