Chicken Quesadillas with Fruit Salsa
- For salsa, stir together the papaya, nectarine, hot red or jalapeno peppers, 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 2 teaspoons honey in a medium bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 2 to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken and green onion in a plastic bag set in a deep mixing bowl. For marinade, in a small mixing bowl stir together the 6 tablespoons lime or lemon juice, the lime peel, 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, and 2 teaspoons honey. Pour over chicken and onion in the bag. Close bag and turn to coat well. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain chicken and onion, and discard marinade. Remove salsa from the refrigerator; set aside.
- Cook and stir chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Layer one side of tortillas with half of salsa and all of the chicken and cheese. Fold plain halves over filled halves. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Top with remaining salsa. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Make it a meal with greens salad and custard drizzled with caramel sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Quesadillas with Fruit Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 373 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 57 mg chol.,
- 239 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet