Chicken Osso Buco
- Remove skin from chicken. Place flour, salt, and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at time, shaking to coat. In a 10-inch skillet, brown chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat about 10 minutes or until golden, turning once. Set aside.
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine carrot, onion, celery, and garlic. Sprinkle with tapioca. Place chicken on top of vegetables. In a medium bowl, stir together tomato sauce, wine, broth, lemon peel, lemon juice, and thyme; pour over chicken in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Prepare penne according to package directions. Drain well. Spoon chicken and sauce over pasta. If desired, garnish with snipped parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Osso Buco)
- Per serving:
- 407 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 98 mg chol.,
- 529 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet