Chicken Meatball Soup
slightly beaten egg white
tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
ounces ground raw chicken or turkey
cups chicken broth
cup fine noodles
cups coarsely chopped or torn fresh spinach
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the egg white, bread crumbs, sage or poultry season, and salt. Add the ground raw chicken or turkey and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan stir together the chicken broth and pepper. Bring to boiling; stir in noodles. Reduce heat. Drop meat mixture by small spoonfuls into the simmering broth. Cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or till no pink remains in the meat, stirring occasionally.
- Gently stir spinach into soup and heat through. To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls. Makes 2 servings.
- Warm corn bread and fresh fruit round out the meal.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken Meatball Soup)
- Per serving:
- 275 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 77 mg chol.,
- 1607 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet