- In a plastic bag combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Add chicken strips to the bag and shake bag to coat chicken.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat until hot. Add coated chicken strips and cook about 8 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink and coating is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter in skillet until hot. Add chili peppers, onion, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender but not brown, stirring up any browned bits. Add cream to skillet. Bring just to boiling. Return chicken to skillet; stir until combined. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute more or until slightly thickened.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over hot cooked fettuccine. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Guadalajara)
- Per serving:
- 392 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 100 mg chol.,
- 294 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet