Add a spicy option to your roster of simple slow-cooker recipes with this irresistible chicken curry. Simmering the ingredients in the cooker gives the flavors plenty of time to mingle and meld.
0 did it
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 8 hrs (low) or 3 to 4 hours (high)
- Cook: 30 mins
- In a large plastic bag combine flour, curry powder, cumin, and salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; seal and shake to coat.
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine potatoes, carrots, apple, onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers, and chicken bouillon. Top with chicken. Pour water over chicken mixture.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn the slow cooker to high-heat setting. Stir coconut milk into chicken mixture. Cover; cook for 30 minutes more. Serve over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle each serving with raisins and peanuts. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Curry)
- Per serving:
- 409 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 49 mg chol.,
- 513 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet