- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds total)
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Pesto (see recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Spoon a slightly rounded tablespoon of the Parmesan Pesto onto each chicken breast half; spread pesto over chicken. Fold in bottom and sides of each chicken breast half; roll up into a spiral. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
3. Heat butter and oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken rolls; cook, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally for even browning. Remove toothpicks.
4. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Yield: 1/2 to 2/3 cups
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, halved
1. Place lightly packed fresh basil leaves, grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and small clove garlic, halved, in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth, stopping as necessary and scraping side of container. Makes 1/2 to 2/3 cup pesto.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 333,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 87,
- carb. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 397,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet