Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers
tablespoon margarine or butter
cup finely chopped celery
10 3/4 ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
cup water or chicken broth
envelope single-serving size envelope instant onion soup mix (about 1 tablespoon)
cups cubed cooked chicken
cups hot cooked rice
large green sweet peppers (about 8 ounces each)
teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
cups shredded cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
cup chopped pimiento
- Melt margarine or butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and cook about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in condensed mushroom soup, water or broth, and onion soup mix. Heat until bubbly. Stir in chicken, heat through. Stir in rice' remove from heat.
- To assemble, halve peppers lengthwise; remove stems, seeds, and membranes. Place pepper halves, cut sides up, in a large shallow baking or roasting pan. Divide chicken mixture among the pepper halves. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Bake peppers, loosely covered with foil, in a 350 degree F oven about 45 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese and pimiento. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is just melted. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers)
- Per serving:
- 285 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 70 mg chol.,
- 743 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet