Chicken and Portobellos with Mustard Cream
portobello mushroom caps, sliced
cloves garlic, minced
pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks), skinned
teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
teaspoon black pepper
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup dry white wine
cup light dairy sour cream
tablespoon coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
cups shredded romaine lettuce
Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Place mushrooms and garlic in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with dried rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place chicken on mixture in cooker. Pour broth and wine over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred meat using 2 forks. Transfer chicken and mushrooms to a serving platter lined with lettuce; discard cooking liquid.
- For mustard cream, in a small bowl combine sour cream and mustard. Serve mustard cream with chicken and mushrooms. If desired, garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken and Portobellos with Mustard Cream)
- Per serving:
- 209 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 96 mg chol.,
- 393 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet