- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 6 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or pepper Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
1. Combine cumin, salt, and red pepper in a small bowl. Brush chicken breasts with oil. Rub brushed chicken breasts with cumin mixture. Place each breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap; gently pound with a meat mallet to 1/2 inch thickness.
2. Place chicken on the lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-high heat. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170 degree F and juices run clear, turning once. Remove chicken; set aside until cool enough to handle. Meanwhile, if using purchased taco shells heat shells according to the package directions.
3. Cut chicken into thin strips and arrange in taco shells. Top with lettuce and cheese. Toss together chopped kiwifruit, tomato, and lime or lemon juice in a small bowl. Sprinkle atop tacos. Makes 6 tacos.
- To make taco shells, heat 1/2 inch of cooking oil in a large, heavy skillet. Cook six 5-inch tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil until just golden. Remove from hot oil with tongs. Fold over a paper-towel-lined rolling pin or wire tortilla rack placed over a paper-towel-lined plate. Let cool until firm.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 170,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 30,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 13,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 13,
- vit. A (IU) 437,
- vit. C (mg) 30,
- sodium (mg) 219,
- calcium (mg) 111,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet