Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, ginger, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Cut flowerets from broccoli stems and separate flowerets into small pieces. Cut broccoli stems crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Cut pepper into short, thin strips.
- In a wok or large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir broccoli stems in hot oil for 1 minute. Add broccoli flowerets and sweet pepper; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok; set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok or skillet. Add chicken; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Push chicken from center of wok. Stir sauce; pour into center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to wok. Stir together to coat. Cook and stir 1 minute more or until heated through. Serve over chow mein noodles or rice. If desired, garnish with toasted sesame seed and serve with additional hoisin sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 378 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 49 mg chol.,
- 877 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet