A Roman restaurateur invented alfredo sauce; years later, some clever food manufacturers made it convenient. Thank them both for the sauce in this delectable dinner recipe.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 10 mins to 15 mins 350°F
- Cook: 8 mins to 10 mins
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degree F), turning once. Transfer chicken to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Spread alfredo sauce over chicken; top with roasted peppers. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until peppers and sauce are heated through.
- To serve, sprinkle chicken with basil and Parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Alfredo)
- Per serving:
- 347 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 113 mg chol.,
- 288 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet