- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 16 ounce loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup finely snipped dried tomatoes
- Parmesan Pizza Sauce (see www.bhg.com)
- 2 fresh medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into a 14-inch circle. Transfer dough to a greased 13-inch pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick generously with a fork. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
2. In a small mixing bowl stir together lemon peel, lemon juice, and margarine or butter.
3. Rinse chicken breast halves; pat dry. Grill chicken directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling and brushing occasionally with lemon mixture the last 10 minutes of grilling. Cut chicken into cubes.
4. Meanwhile, pour enough boiling water over dried tomatoes to cover; let stand for 2 minutes. Drain well.
5. Spread Parmesan Pizza Sauce over hot crust. Top with chicken cubes, sliced fresh tomatoes, and dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
6. Bake about 12 minutes more or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 409,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 53,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 40,
- pro. (g) 25,
- sodium (mg) 358,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet