- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and mashed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground raw chicken
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Chili sauce, taco sauce, or catsup (optional)
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine mashed chickpeas, egg, bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Add ground chicken and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
2. Preheat oven broiler. Place patties on an ungreased, unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 6 minutes. Turn patties; broil 6 to 8 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degrees F. Toast rolls under broiler, if desired. Serve patties in buns with lettuce leaves and tomato slices, if desired and serve with chili sauce, taco sauce, or catsup. Makes 4 servings.
- Prepare burgers; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- To make your own Cajun seasoning, in a container with a tight-fitting lid combine 2 tablespoons salt, 1 tablespoon ground red pepper, 1 teaspoon ground white pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper. Store, covered, at room temperature. Makes about 1/4 cup seasoning.