Similar to the familiar Italian classic recipe, this meal-in-a-pot is brimming with onions, mushrooms, and herb-seasoned tomatoes.
0 did it
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 7 hrs (low) or 3 to 3-1/2 hours (high)
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine mushrooms, celery, carrot, onions, sweet pepper, and garlic. Place chicken drumsticks on vegetables. Add broth, wine, tapioca, bay leaves, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Discard bay leaves. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in undrained tomatoes and tomato paste. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more. To serve, spoon vegetable mixture over chicken and pasta. If desired, garnish with basil. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Cacciatore-Style Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 345 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 81 mg chol.,
- 606 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet