Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing
Love wings? Try this heart-healthy way to make them (don't worry, they taste just as good). Serve them as an appetizer or snack on game day.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 3 drummettes plus 2 tablespoons dressing
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- In a large bowl toss the drummettes with 2 tablespoons of the cayenne pepper sauce, 1 teaspoon of the cider vinegar, the garlic powder, and the ginger.
- Arrange drummettes on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Drizzle chicken with remaining 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce and 1 teaspoon cider vinegar.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sour cream, blue cheese, green onion, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar. Serve dressing with chicken drummettes and carrot and celery sticks.
Grasp the edge of the skin with a paper towel and pull it away from the drummette.
start with 12 chicken wings. Cut off the wing tips; discard or save for making stock. Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces.
- Per serving:
- 112 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 24 mg chol.,
- 216 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet