Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks with Blue Cheese
chicken drumsticks (about 4 pounds), skinned, if desired
16 ounce bottle buffalo wing hot sauce (2 cups)
cup tomato paste
tablespoons white or cider vinegar
tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
8 ounce container dairy sour cream
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
teaspoon cayenne pepper or bottled hot pepper sauce
- Place drumsticks in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine hot sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, for blue cheese dip, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, and cayenne pepper. Cover and chill the dip until ready to serve.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove drumsticks from cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve drumsticks with cooking juices, the blue cheese dip, and celery sticks.
Nutrition Facts(Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks with Blue Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 454 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 141 mg chol.,
- 2084 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet