- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 1 hr
3 pound whole chicken, butterflied, with backbone removed
cup olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons chopped fresh chives
tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Set chicken on a baking sheet and allow to come to room temperature (about 20 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. Preheat a grill to high.
- In small bowl, make a paste by combining olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs. Use your hands to loosen skin on the chicken, then spread paste under the skin.
- Place the chicken on the hot grill, skin side up. Place the baking sheet on top of the chicken and weigh it down with a brick.
- Close grill; reduce heat to medium. Begin checking for doneness after 30 minutes. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted in thigh reaches 170 degrees F.
- When done, remove the brick and carefully transfer chicken to a clean baking sheet or serving platter. Allow the chicken to rest 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Brick Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 513 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 17 g monounsatured fat),
- 155 mg chol.,
- 284 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 51 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet