- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Snipped parsley (optional)
1. Place each breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Working from center to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, blue cheese, and pecans. Place about 1/4 cup cheese mixture on each chicken breast. Fold chicken around filling to form a mound; repeat with remaining chicken.
3. Place chicken portions in a 2-quart square baking dish. In a small bowl combine margarine or butter and paprika. Brush each chicken portion with mixture. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Prepare chicken rolls and place in baking dish. Cover and chill for 1 to 4 hours. Uncover and brush with mixture of melted margarine and paprika. Bake as directed.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 363,
- Fat, total (g) 28,
- chol. (mg) 88,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 26,
- sodium (mg) 417,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet