BBQ Chicken Burgers and Waffle Fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Combine the 1/3 cup barbecue sauce and the jelly or jam. Mix with a wire whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Arrange waffle-cut potatoes or thick-cut french fried potatoes in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine bread crumbs, nuts, the 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Add ground chicken; mix well. Shape into 8 balls; place 2 inches apart on greased shallow baking pan. Moisten the bottom of a glass and press each ball to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place pan of burgers in oven. Bake fries and burgers for 5 minutes. Stir fries; turn burgers. Continue baking burgers and potatoes for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over fries. Brush barbecue sauce mixture on burgers. Bake burgers and potatoes 2 minutes more or until burgers are no longer pink in center and cheese is melted on fries.
- To serve, sprinkle fries with snipped chives. Place mini burgers in cocktail buns with additional barbecue-jelly mixture spooned over. Top with tomato slices and/or lettuce. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (BBQ Chicken Burgers and Waffle Fries)
- Per serving:
- 537 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 20 mg chol.,
- 902 mg sodium,
- 66 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet