Chicken thighs and drumsticks cooked in a robust barbecue sauce make for a tasty and economical dinner.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 10 hrs to 12 hrs (low) or 5 to 6 hours (high)
- In a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker place the potatoes, sweet pepper, and onion. Sprinkle tapioca over potato mixture. Place chicken on top of the vegetables. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and salt. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a large serving bowl. Skim fat from sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables. Makes 4 to 5 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your chicken is finished cooking, remove the chicken from your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Barbecue-Style Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 282 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 107 mg chol.,
- 670 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet