- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 7 - 8 inches flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend (4 ounces)
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 18 ounce tub refrigerated barbecue sauce with shredded chicken (2 cups)
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (2)
1. Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place, coated sides down, on cutting board or waxed paper. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over half of each tortilla. Top with green chiles and barbecue sauce with chicken. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.
2. Preheat oven to 350. In a hot 10-inch skillet cook quesadillas, two at a time, over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Place quesadillas on a baking sheet. Keep warm in preheated oven for up to 30 minutes. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and green onion. Makes 4 servings.
- Prepare as above, except substitute Monterey Jack cheese for the cheddar, 8 crisp-cooked and crumbled bacon slices, 2 small seeded and coarsely chopped tomatoes; and 1 seeded, peeled, and chopped avocado for the filling. Omit green chiles, barbecue sauce with chicken, salsa, sour cream, and green onion.
- Prepare as above, except coat the unsprayed side of each tortilla with 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard. Substitute Havarti cheese for the cheddar and 16 ounces cooked sliced turkey for the chicken. Omit green chiles, salsa, sour cream, and green onion.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 469,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 86,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 44,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 25,
- sodium (mg) 1606,
- Potassium (mg) 182,
- calcium (mg) 384,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet